AustCyber is a trusted voice and thought leader on the sustained growth and development of Australia’s cyber security sector and is currently seeking a Communication and Engagement Advisor to join their team.
From Australian Cyber Week and the National Missing Persons Hackathon, to AustCyber’s Projects Fund, National Network of Nodes and participation in the RSA Conference in the USA, the Communication and Engagement Advisor is accountable for promoting and generating engagement in an exciting range of projects. These are identified by the organisation’s Objectives and Key Results which drive the creation of essential knowledge infrastructure for the sustainable growth of Australia’s cyber security sector.
To be successful, you will have demonstrated expertise in the delivery of communication, social media and event management activities under defined strategies. Your natural strengths combine quality written and verbal communication, with a proven understanding of media relations. You have strong stakeholder engagement experience and thrive in a small team environment.
Key areas of focus
- Support the organisation’s Objective Leads and Project Leads under Key Results to deliver the communication, media and engagement needs of those projects – ensuring opportunities for integration and amplification are acted on.
- Support the Communication and Engagement Manager to develop and implement AustCyber’s Corporate Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Strategies. This includes:
- assisting to administer and evaluate the organisation's digital presence.
- assisting to manage and evaluate the organisation's proactive and reactive media activities.
- Develop a broad range of written materials and other collateral.
- Support, and where requested lead, delivery of the organisation's events and related activities, acting as a contact point for incoming enquiries and developing proactive initiatives and coordinate implementation.
- Respond to third-party requests to reproduce the organisation's communication and media work or use the organisation's intellectual property or branding.
- Identify and maintain key relationships with stakeholders relevant to communication and engagement activities and demonstrate the ability to liaise and communicate confidently with a diverse range of stakeholders, domestically and internationally.
- Measure and report on the impact of communication and engagement across all channels – including data gathering, research and analysis as required.
- Contribute positively to team goals, generate new ideas and provide sound advice and recommendations on workflows around specific areas of work.
Essential skills and experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience in marketing/communication roles.
- Proven ability to deliver creative and measurable solutions, suggesting new ideas, projects or approaches.
- Effective communication skills including the ability to simplify complex concepts into clear written and verbal material.
- Experience in website maintenance (updating content for websites) and social media communication.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multitask under pressure.
- Stakeholder management, including working with stakeholders from different backgrounds with often competing agendas.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a small and dynamic team.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience working across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
- Experience working within a communication and/or public relations agency environment.
- Experience liaising with government ministers (state or federal) and their offices.
- Experience with media monitoring tools (including Meltwater and iSentia).
- Knowledge of branding, design and print advertisement basics.
The successful candidate does not need specific cyber security or technical skills, although these are welcome. The successful candidate will have initiative and be responsive to tasking by a high performing team. There are opportunities for domestic travel.
The initial appointment is on a full-time basis until December 2022, with the option for extension.
Salary is $70k negotiable plus 9.5% superannuation, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
AustCyber – the Australian Cyber Security Growth Network – is one of six industry-led, federallyfunded Industry Growth Centres. This initiative aims to drive innovation, productivity and competitiveness by focusing on areas of competitive strength and strategic priority. For more see: https://industry.gov.au/industry/Industry-Growth-Centres/Pages/default.aspx
AustCyber’s aim is to grow the Australian cyber security industry. We work closely with cyber security start-ups, scale-ups, established companies, universities, research institutes and state, territory and federal government agencies as well as organisations overseas
Please provide a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you want to work at AustCyber, along with an updated resume.
Applications close at 5pm on 8 November 2019. Please submit your application to [email protected].
Please contact Prerana Mehta on 0422 342 907 for a confidential discussion if you have any further questions.