The role of the AustCyber Cyber Security Innovation Node Manager in Canberra is to provide leadership, vision and coordinate activities of the region, to allow government, industry and academia to work together to raise awareness and develop cyber security capability in the ACT. The role will aim to align national AustCyber and federal government priorities with ACT Government.
This role requires an individual with strategic leadership, stakeholder engagement and industry development skills to foster state-wide and national collaboration opportunities. The successful candidate will draw on an advisory group of technical experts, policy makers, entrepreneurs and research and industry leaders to develop and deliver practical solutions to elevate Canberra's cyber maturity in key sectors.
- Develop a strategic and innovative vision to raise SME awareness and improve industry development and job growth outcomes for the ACT and the region.
- Identify and establish relationships with key stakeholders to coordinate engagement across the private, public and academic sectors to connect and improve cyber security awareness, resilience, commercialisation, policy development and R&D in the ACT and the region and in the Australian cyber security ecosystem.
- Lead and coordinate Node activities, including the establishment of an industry advisory group, develop and deliver industry development initiatives and networks
- Deliver cyber security events and activities in the ACT and the region, and develop a strong digital media presence
- Maintain Node activities and deliverables within budgetary and resource constraints and meet evaluation and reporting requirements.
- Represent AustCyber and Canberra Node at cyber security conferences, and in meetings with industry leaders, Federal and State/Territory agencies, universities and research institutes.
Essential skills and attributes
The successful applicant will have:
- Proven industry and business development skills with an understanding of cyber security concepts and ability to identify economic growth opportunities in the industry.
- A proven ability to set direction, secure and manage resources (funds, people and time) and evaluate outcomes.
- Professional experience managing multiple projects across a multitude of stakeholders including the delivery of regional and national events and activities
- Outstanding communication skills including being a persuasive negotiator with high emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, able to credibly engage with the most senior levels of government, academia and industry.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills including working with stakeholders from different backgrounds with often competing agendas.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience working in the following: cyber security industry, economic development, innovation community, start-up/SME/business development.
- Technical cyber security skills are not required for this position, however a background in cyber security would be advantageous.
AustCyber (the Australian Cyber Security Growth Network) is one of six industry-led Industry Growth Centres.
The Canberra Cyber Security Innovation Node is jointly funded by the federal government and ACT Government and aims to develop the cyber security capability of key industry sectors (e.g. education and renewable energy) and drive innovation, productivity and competitiveness by focusing on areas of competitive strength and strategic priority.
Do not apply though SEEK.
Please email, in ONE document:
- A current resume; and
- A two-page pitch telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications make you the best candidate for this opportunity
Email your document to [email protected] with the title ‘Application – Canberra Position’.
Applications close at 5pm on 26 November 2020.
For further information, contact Linda Cavanagh National Network Lead by emailing [email protected] with the title Query - Canberra Position for a confidential discussion.