The role of the AustCyber Cyber Security Innovation ACT Node Manager is to provide leadership, vision and coordinate activities of the ACT, to allow government, industry and academia to work together to raise awareness and develop cyber security capability in the region. The role will aim to align national AustCyber and federal government priorities with ACT Government objectives.
This role requires an individual with exceptional strategic leadership, stakeholder engagement and industry development skills to foster state-wide and national collaboration opportunities. You will draw on an advisory group of technical experts, policy makers, entrepreneurs, research and industry leaders to develop and deliver practical solutions to elevate ACT’s cyber maturity, particularly in key sectors such as defence, education, skills and training.
- Develop a strategic and innovative vision to raise SME awareness of the cyber security threat environment and develop key industry sector cyber security resilience.
- Identify and establish relationships with key stakeholders to coordinate engagement across the private, public and academic sectors to connect and multiply the players in the Australian cyber security ecosystem.
- Lead and coordinate Node activities, including the establishment of a Node advisory group, develop and deliver industry development initiatives, networks and tools
- Maintain node activities and deliverables within budgetary and resource constraints and meet evaluation and reporting requirements.
- Work with digital leaders to improve cyber security awareness, resilience, commercialisation, policy development and R&D.
- Identify and pursue new relationships to improve industry development and job growth outcomes.
- Represent AustCyber ACT Node at cyber security conferences, and in meetings with industry leaders, Federal and State/Territory agencies, universities and research institutes.
- Explore new opportunities for connectivity and collaboration.
Essential skills and attributes
The successful applicant will have:
- Proven industry and business development skills with a clear understanding of cyber security concepts and the economic growth opportunities in the industry. Technical cyber security skills are not required in this position.
- A proven ability to set direction, secure and manage resources (funds, people and time) and evaluate outcomes.
- Professional experience leading complex projects and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Outstanding communication skills including being a persuasive negotiator with high emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, able to credibly engage with the most senior levels of government, academia and industry.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills including working with stakeholders from different backgrounds with often competing agendas.
- Knowledge and experience of ACT’s economic growth, industry and networks.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience working in the cyber security industry, economic growth, innovation or business development capacity.
- While not necessary, a background in technical cyber security skills and credentials is welcome.
AustCyber (the Australian Cyber Security Growth Network) is one of six industry-led Industry Growth Centres – the ACT Node is jointly funded by the federal and ACT Government. The ACT Node aims to develop the cyber security capability of key industry sectors e.g. defence and education, skills and training, as well as drive innovation, productivity and competitiveness by focusing on areas of competitive strength and strategic priority. We work closely with cyber security startups, scale-ups, established companies, universities, research institutes and State, Territory and Federal Government agencies as well as organisations overseas.
Applications close at 5pm on 1 May 2020.
Please contact Linda Cavanagh on 0481 911 679 for a confidential discussion if you have any further questions.