Trade delegations provide opportunities for Australian companies to explore new markets, meet potential investors and gain valuable insights and connections.
Since we started our operations in January 2017, we have worked with partners to deliver seven delegations to six countries. These delegations facilitated 119 visits by Australian cyber security companies and related government and academic organisations.
Want to know what it's like on one of our delegations? Check out this video from our April 2018 trade mission to the USA, which we delivered in partnership with Austrade.
Past trade delegations:
July 2018: United Kingdom
- We partnered with the Australian British Chamber of Commerce on a delegation to London which included 11 Australian cyber security organisations for the Australian British Fintech Cyber Catalyst. We provided sponsorship for ten of these companies to attend, and the program included a range of engagements and briefings with potential investors, buyers and customers.
April 2018: USA - the largest ever Australian Cyber Security Trade mission!
- In partnership with Austrade, we led 45 organisations and a delegation of 65 people on the Australian Cyber Security Mission to the USA 2018. Supporting partners included elements of the ACT, NSW, SA, VIC governments and Data61.
February 2018: Indonesia
- We attended and supported Austrade and Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade to take six cyber security organisations to the Indonesia-Australia Digital Forum in Jakarta, a joint initiative of the Australian and Indonesian Governments
November 2017: India
- We supported Austrade to select eight cyber security organisations to discover new export opportunities in India.
October 2017: Israel
- We partnered with the Australian National University to select 16 Australian cyber security organisations to attend a range of business development activities in Israel, learning from one of the world's most sophisticated cyber innovators. This cameas part of the Prime Minister's visit to Israel for the 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Beersheba.
August 2017: Singapore
- We supported Austrade to expose eight Australian cyber security organisations to trade and export opportunities in the Indo-Pacific.
February 2017: USA, RSA Conference San Francisco
- 25 cyber security companies participated, with direct introductions to 42 potential buyers and investors.
Future trade delegations:
Upcoming delegations that we are currently planning with our partners include:
- March 2019 - USA Trade mission, including the RSA Conference in San Francisco
- Mid-2019 United Kingdom