Australia is a nation of entrepreneurs. We work hard and we talk straight. For years, Australians have successfully exported themselves and their know-how to the world. Wherever it is - San Francisco, New York City, London, Berlin or Singapore - Australians integrate, impress and inspire. Cyber security is our next journey.
Our Sector Competitiveness Plan identifies that Australia's cyber security sector has a strong reputation internationally, we:
- rank as the world’s seventh most committed cyber security country,
- have the second highest level of cyber maturity in the Indo-Pacific, and
- are second in the world for policies that support cyber security and allow government data to be openly available to the public.
Australia has an attractive set of drawcards for investment, including:
- our services dominated economy,
- quality education system,
- sound governance settings,
- economic stability,
- low sovereign risk, and
- high living standards.
The Australian cyber security industry is currently made up of around 260 companies that span a range of products and services and are spread across all states and territories. We are working to grow that number and encourage more cyber security professionals to become entrepreneurs. We are actively developing a directory of Australian cyber security capabilities. Please check back again, sign up to be a Friend of the Network or follow us on social media to find out when new information is available.