Making Australia the leading centre for cyber security education is one of our three strategic objectives.
Make Australia the leading centre for cyber education
Australia's world class education and training facilities are the perfect foundation to prepare our people for the 'future of work'. This includes embedding cyber security skills.
Currently, there is a shortage of skilled cyber security workers around the world. Our projections suggest that in Australia this shortage could reach 18,000 within the next decade.
At AustCyber, we collaborate across the education system to help address the workforce shortage by building a pipeline of skilled cyber security professionals that Australian employers need.
Some of our key activities include:
- Advocating for the development of a consistent workforce framework for cyber security.
- Working with TAFEs to coordinate the implementation of a national curriculum for Certificate and Advanced Diplomas in Cyber Security.
- Delivering a high school-level cyber security competition, CyberTaipan, to inspire students to consider careers in cyber security.
- Connecting students with employers through speed networking events, run in partnership with Data61's Ribit.
- Supporting the implementation of Academic Centres of Cyber Security Excellence.